EMDR Lebanon Association is a non-profit organization of mental health professionals dedicated to promote high quality in the education of EMDR therapy, practice, and clinical consultation. Its major goals are to:
- Spread awareness of the psychotherapeutic approach of EMDR in the Lebanese community and the Arab World through lectures, media, and brochures.
- Organize EMDR training courses, workshops, lectures, and conferences to mental health specialists.
- Provide continuing education for EMDR therapists.
- Establish the minimum eligibility requirements of EMDR basic training course.
- Establish the criteria for the minimum requirement for the following certifications: EMDR basic training, EMDR practitioner/therapist, EMDR consultant, and EMDR trainer.
- Develop social and humanitarian projects to support those who need psychological treatment.
- Establish a network of communication and cooperation with different EMDR associations and organizations around the world.