Basic EMDR Therapy Training Course - Part 1
EMDR Lebanon Association is proud to announce the training of a new group of psychotherapists with EMDR therapy.
EMDR therapy, is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, and it is an evidence-based psychotherapy approach that has been proven effective for the treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and other psychological disorders that developed after disturbing life experiences. EMDR therapy, developed by Francine Shapiro, is based on the model of Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) that posits that much of psychopathology is due to the maladaptive encoding of and/or incomplete processing of traumatic life experiences. This impairs the person’s ability to integrate these experiences in an adaptive manner. EMDR therapy facilitates the accessing and processing of traumatic memories to bring them to an adaptive resolution.
The Basic EMDR Therapy Training Course is made up of 3 parts, 15 hours of group consultation, and field practicum. It will be presented by 2 accredited EMDR trainers, Mrs. Mona Zaghrout-Hodali and Dr. Derek Farrell. There will be a team of 5 facilitators to help in the training of the participants.
For more details on the Basic EMDR Therapy Training Course and the trainers, click here for the brochure .
Part 1 of this training is a 5-days workshop and it will take place from Oct 14 to 18, 2017.
It will be presented in the Arabic language.
Eligibility Requirements for Participation:
- The participant should have a Master’s degree or higher in psychology, counseling, or psychiatry.
- The participant should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a therapist after the Master’s degree.
- The participant should be currently working as a practitioner.
- The participant should be interviewed & approved by the Standards Committee.
- 50% of the places are reserved for therapists who are working full-time in Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) or with refugees.
- 50% of the places are reserved for therapists who have their own private practice or work in private institutions.
- The applicant should fill in the application (click here) and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae CV
- Scanned copy of the highest university degree (required: equivalence signed by Ministry of Education for those who are not graduates of the Lebanese University).
- Scanned copy of a letter of reference or recommendation that proves that s/he has a minimum of 2 years of experience in therapy after the Master’s degree.
- Scanned copy of Identity Card or Passport
N.B. Kindly use copies scanned by a scanner and not by phone.
- Applicants who work with NGOs and the refugees should send a letter from their organizations stating that they work as practitioners in these organizations.
- An interview date will be set for the applicant who satisfies the eligibility requirements.
- Upon the approval of the Standards Committee of EMDR Lebanon Association, the applicant will receive payment information and their deadline for payment.
- Registration is confirmed after payment.
- Since this Training course is partially funded, the fees for Part 1:
- For applicants of NGOs = $200
- For applicants of private practice or private institution = $400
- Participation for this training is limited to only 40 psychotherapists. Those who do not get contacted back for this course may be contacted again when a new one is scheduled.
N.B. Full Attendance is a must. It is important to note that the “Certificate of Completion” will NOT be issued for those who miss any of the sessions.
For more information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
Miss Sandra Maradian - Project coordinator – 76/682297